Outstanding Class 2 Truck Driver / Yard Controller
Full-time position, Monday – Friday
Wanted for Immediate start
We are an innovative company that has just hit the ‘afterburners’ to rapid growth in the Hamilton and Waikato region
We are after a Class2 Truck Driver / Yard Controller who is driven by making a difference and who will help achieve our company vision, mission, and goals, to be based at our Horotiu Yard just outside of Hamilton
Goodwood is part of the Hutchinson Group, who’s purpose is to build sustainable businesses that better utilise our natural resources, keeping people, the land and the environment in mind. We seek opportunities to effect the greatest change in the world and recognise that we all have a role to play in this.
At Goodwood we are passionate about helping to preserve our planet for future generations by recycling untreated timber woodwaste, preventing it from going to landfill & creating value added wood products – because doing good feels great!
We are looking for a Truck Driver who has a hard-working can-do attitude and great organisational skills. You will work alongside us to prevent untreated woodwaste from ending up in landfill by collecting untreated pallets from local businesses across Hamilton.
You will report directly to the Operations Manager whilst working alongside our Regional Salesperson based in the Horotiu Yard. You must meet the minimum following requirements:
- Must hold at least a class 2 license, for driving a curtain sider truck
- Must be aligned with our culture and goals.
- Must be honest, trustworthy, and well presented.
- Must take “ownership” and be able to manage and organise the yard
- Must be able to operate a telehandler.
- Must be physically fit.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Must have great customer service and the ability to plan weekly collection schedules and maximise efficiencies
- Must be able to proactively secure new customers and grow the business within the region.
- Health and Safety is paramount and must always be adhered to, including maintenance of the truck and machinery as required by the Operations Manager to ensure all staff and customers are kept safe according to the New Zealand Health & Safety at Work Act.
We are dedicated to our team members, and we offer an above average competitive remuneration package, together with committed support both career-wise and personally.
Sound like you could be a good fit? If you answered yes then please apply via our Seek listing by clicking HERE.
We’ll be in touch if you have made it to the short-list. If you do not hear from us, we wish you all the best in your job search.